ASPARTIC ACID HF-420 is Aminofunctional co-reactant for polyisocyanates
Ⅰ Chemical formula and molecular weight
● Chemical Name: Aspartic Acid, Polyaspartic Polyurea Resin, N,N'-(methylenedi-4,1- cyclohexanediyl)bis-,1,1',4,4'-tetraethyl ester
● ELINCS No.: 429-270-1
● CAS No.: 136210-30-5
Ⅱ Properties and application
●ASPARTIC ACID HF-420 is Aminofunctional co-reactant for polyisocyanates,it’s the same model as NH1420, could be used for the formulation of high-solids, two-component polyurethane topcoats and solvent-free coating materials.
● ASPARTIC ACID HF-420 could serve as chain extender or R component in polyurea coating. It could also react with –NCO functional HDI trimmer from which longer gelling time and excellent yellow resistance can be achieved. Longer gelling time can also be obtained when reacting with MDI pre- polymer. Hybrid of polyurea and polyurethane can be achieved when ASPARTIC ACID HF-420 is blended with hydroxyl-functional resin such as acrylic, alkyd resin. ASPARTIC ACID HF-420 offers higher solid content and faster drying time than ordinary polyurethane. It is widely applied on formulating variety of protective coatings.
● Main Feature
1. High solid content with low viscosity
2. Faster curing time in aliphatic system
3. Offering excellent physical properties like high hardness, flexibility, elongation(400%), tear and tensile strength(25MPa).
4. Great weathering and saline water resistance
5. Cost efficiency
Molecular Weight 554
Appearance Colorless transparent liquid
Solid Content 97%±2%
Amine value(mg KOH/g) 199-203
Amine Equivalent（g/mol） 277
Viscosity mpa.s/25°C 900-1300
Relative density(25°C) 1.06±0.02
Flash Point(°C) 97
Ⅳ Package and storage
● 200 Kgs/Drum, 4 Drums/Pallet, 80 Drums/Container or 1Ton/IBC tank.
● ASPARTIC ACID HF-420 resin must be stored in tightly sealed containers to prevent from contacting with moisture. Recommended storage temperatures is 0 ° -40 ° C (32 ° -104 ° F). The shelf life of ASPARTIC ACID HF-420 is 12 months when stored in closed original containers at 77°F (25°C).
Keywords:TDS of ASPARTIC ACID HF-420