Aspartic Acid HF-520 is Aminofunctional co-reactant for polyisocyanates
Ⅰ Chemical formula and molecular weight
● Chemical Name: Aspartic Acid, Polyaspartic Polyurea Resin, N,N'-[methylenebis(2-methyl-4,1- cyclohexanediyl)]bis-, 1,1',4,4'-tetraethyl ester
● ELINCS No.: 412-060-9
● CAS No.: 136210-32-7
Ⅱ Properties and application
●Aspartic Acid HF-520 is Aminofunctional co-reactant for polyisocyanates,it’s the same model as NH1520, could be used for the formulation of high-solids, two-component polyurethane topcoats and solvent-free coating materials.
● Aspartic Acid HF-520 can also react with –NCO functional HDI trimmer from which a longer gelling time and excellent yellow resistance can be achieved. Longer gelling time can also be obtained when mixing with Aspartic Acid F420 to achieve a pure aspartic polyurea coating with high build and fast dry two pack coating system. Aspartic Acid HF-520 is also compatible with other hydroxyl-functional resin such as acrylic, alkyd resin. It is widely applied on formulating variety of protective coatings.
● Main Feature
1. High solid content with low viscosity
2. Faster curing time in aliphatic system
3. Offering excellent physical properties like high hardness, flexibility, elongation(400%), tear and tensile strength(25MPa).
4. Great weathering and saline water resistance
Appearance Slight yellow transparent liquid
Molecular Weight 582
Solid Content 96%±2%
Amine value(mg KOH/g) 189-193
Amine Equivalent（g/mol） 291
Viscosity mpa.s/25°C 900~1300
Relative density(25°C) 1.06±0.02
Flash Point(/°C) 97
Ⅳ Package and storage
● 200Kgs/Drum, 4Drums/pallets, 80Drums/container or 1Ton/IBC tank.
● Aspartic Acid HF-520 resin must be stored in tightly sealed containers to prevent from contacting with moisture. Recommended storage temperatures are 0°-40°C (32°-104°F). The shelf life of Aspartic Acid HF-520 is 12 months when stored in closed original containers at 77°F (25°C).
Keywords:TDS of ASPARTIC ACID HF-520